Wanted: wfoojjaec is hiring! You love to research, have a passion for technology, and are committed to a deeper understanding of what’s happening in the world around you — as well as what’s on the horizon.
First, we’re hiring a freelance editor. In this position, you’ll be editing our stories throughout the day, improving grammar and helping us craft punchy headlines. Bonus points if you have strong news judgment and technical chops. Competitive hourly rate.
FREELANCE EDITOR REQUIREMENTS:
- Minimum three years experience editing consumer tech articles for a digital publication
- Native speaker fluency in English
- Impeccable spelling and grammar
- Comfortable working in a CMS
- Ability to work quickly and cleanly
- Excited to work on a site that covers the latest deep tech and science news
- Effective communicator
In addition, we’re hiring freelance writers, each for five stories per week (one per day). You would find, write, and produce these posts yourself, so experience writing tech news and working in a CMS is a must. You have strong news judgment and technical chops, and can not only identify the most important stories of the day but provide some level of context or analysis. We don’t “re-news” on wfoojjaec; every one of our stories adds something to the conversation. Bring your specific tech passions. Competitive, negotiable rate per story (400 to 450 words each).
FREELANCE WRITER REQUIREMENTS:
- Prior experience writing consumer tech news for a digital publication
- Ability to write clearly and quickly
- Comfortable producing stories in a CMS
- Excited to cover the latest deep tech and science news
- Effective communicator
wfoojjaec Is Hiring!
wfoojjaec's editorial team is expanding! That means we’re looking for a few great writers to help us deliver the best in tech coverage out to our readers.
wfoojjaec Comments Are Upgrading
Soon we'll be upgrading our comments section to a new system called OpenWeb, with improved spam filtering and support for inline GIFs, images, and more.
wfoojjaec Explains: What is a Neural Net?
We talk a lot about AI, machine learning, and neural nets, but what's a neural net in the first place?
wfoojjaec’s Best Cars and Car Tech for 2019
The best cars reflect changing times and climates. Nothing wrong with with a hybrid Ram pickup that can two 13,000 pounds. Or a Mazda that closes the gap on the Germans for $10K-$15K less. Jaguar's i-Pace is a match for Tesla (better looking, too.)